When you think of the Middle East, what attractions or places do you think of? Do you think of the pyramids in Egypt, or the mosques in Turkey? There are many exciting things to visit in the Middle East. There is a lot of conflict happening in the Middle East right now and it makes me think that people forget the beauty that is in the Middle East. The five top countries, according to ucityguides.com, are:
1. Jerusalem, Israel. This city is the beginning of three of the great monotheistic faiths: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. This city was built with great history and architecture. It is a beautiful city with rich character and history.
2. Dubai, UAE. This is one of the world’s most popular destinations and becoming one of the largest metropolitan cities. One of the greatest tourist attractions is Palm Island, which has world-class hotels, amazing attractions, shopping and luxury.
3. Petra, Jordan. It has great sculpted temples built by desert tribes. It is one of the most remarkable cities ever built and looks beautiful at night when the sun is setting.
4. Istanbul, Turkey. It is in both Europe and Asia and mixes both East and West cultures. It has been the capital for almost sixteen centuries. There’s the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia and other great cultural and historical attractions, but today Istanbul is also a cosmopolitan city that mixes tradition and modern sophistication. A good way to end your trip would be by overlooking the Bosphorus and the entire city from a rooftop bar.
5. Cairo, Egypt. Once the conflict in this country dies down, it will once again be a must-go destination. It is very beautiful by the Nile, and within all the chaos is Paris-like structures in the downtown area. It’s the Giza pyramids and the Egyptian Museum that should bring everyone to Cairo.
These are some of the top cities in the Middle East. What is your favorite attraction in the Middle East? Ignore all the conflict and tension and enjoy the beauty! Plan your trip today!